Онлайн всего: 1
Урок английского языка в 9 классе по теме: "Reading … Why not?" Учитель: Минина С.А
I. Начало урока.
Good Morning, students! I am very glad to see you. How are you? How are your feelings?
(учащиеся отвечают на вопросы)
I am glad to hear that. Let’s begin our lesson. At first I want you to have a look at the blackboard. Francis Bacon said "Reading makes a full man”. How can you understand this quotation?
(учащиеся обсуждают высказывание и формулируют тему урока)
II. Основной этап.
Autobiography, adventure story, detective story, fairy tale, fantasy, historical novel, horror story, ghost story, a legend, a myth, fiction, science fiction, non – fiction, reference book, romance, thriller, poetry, to be impressed by, to proclaim, to value, to honour, to borrow, to lend, to be captivated by, fictitious, memorial, notable, imaginary, diarist, playwright, screenwriter, essayist.
1. What kind of stories do you enjoy most? Why?
2. What book are you mostly impressed by?
3. What books can help you to learn at school better?
4. Is reading important for you?
5. What British writers are the most popular in your opinion?
6. Do you think it is good to be a bookworm?
(учащиеся беседуют с учителем)
Упражнение на аудирование.
Let’s have a guessing game. Listen to the beginnings of different kinds of stories and try to guess what story it is, and why you think so.
1. It was a dark and foggy night. We drove and drove. At midnight, just as we thought we were lost, we saw a light behind some trees. As we got nearer, we could see a house. It looked deserted. We knocked at the heavy, wooden door. It opened slowly. A tall man dressed in black stood there. " Good evening,” he said in a slow deep voice. "I’ve been expecting for you”.
2. We were traveling through deep space at the speed of light. Suddenly, the spaceship slowed down and immediately the system came into view. A bright star with twenty or more planets. One of these would be our new home, five light years from our own galaxy.
3. One of my earliest memories is of my father running along the beach with our dog, Tess.
I have been about three years old. I remember the dog jumping up on me and knocking me over into the water.
4. The man lay on the ground next to a white van. There was no doubt. He was dead. I quickly looked in the pockets of his jacket – some money, a handkerchief and a theatre ticket with a Chicago phone number written on it. Three murders in three weeks and the victims all killed in the same way.
5. Once upon a time, a long, long time ago, there lived a beautiful princess. She was an only child and her father and mother, king and queen, loved her very much. One day, an old woman came to the castle. When she saw the princess, she smiled and laughed in a strange and horrible way.
1) horror story, 2) science fiction, 3) true story, 4) detective story, 5) fairy tale.
(Если возникли несогласия, учитель просит обосновать свою точку зрения).
Now you’ll work in small groups. Every group gets three envelopes. The first has little cards with the names of the British writers, the second – the titles of their books and the third – the names of the main characters from them. Your task is to complete the right sentences using the cards from every envelope. Work as quick as possible. What group will be the champion?
Конверт № 1.(D.Defoe, J.R.R. Tolkien, W. Shakespeare, L.Carroll, J Barrie, C. Dickens, R.L.Stevenson)
Конверт № 2. ("Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland”, "Adventures of Oliver Twist”, "Robinson Crusoe”, "Peter Pan”, "Romeo and Juliet”, "Treasure Island”.)
Конверт № 3. (Juliet, Peter, Frodo, the Cheshire – Cat, Oliver, Friday, Jim Hokings)
(учащиеся зачитывают свои ответы и определяют победителя)
Выполнение тестового задания.
I think you are ready now to write a test. You have 10 minutes for work. You’ll get marks according to the results of the test: 10 right answers –"5”, 8-9 right answers –"4”, 6-7 right answers – "3”.
(учащиеся пишут тест, проверяют его и оценивают свои работы по предложенным критериям)
1. Person’s life – history written by another (autobiography, life story, biography)
2. A person who likes reading books most of all (librarian, bookworm, reader)
3. Who wrote about the adventure of a real man? (R.Kipling, D.Defoe, R.Burns)
4. How many detective stories did A. Christie write? (75, 57, 507)
5. Literature that is based on facts (fiction, ghost story, a dictionary)
6. A book dealing with words, arranged in alphabetical order (reference book, dictionary, novel)
7. Who was a playwright and barrister by profession ? (J.Mortimer, G.Green. B.Potter)
8. What is imagination? (horror, fantasy, thriller)
9. Charles Dickens house is situated in … (London, Stratford-upon-Avon, Edinburgh)
10. The author of the classic vampire tale "Dracula” is …(A.Stoker, R.B.Sheridan, R.Dahl)
Ролевая игра – защита проектов " The Best Manager”
Let’s have a role – play. The students who present the projects are beginner writers. All the others divide into groups of three – four students. You work as managers for a famous Bloomsbury Publishing House in Great Britain. You are going to choose one book to be published next month. The problem is that only one book can be published. You need to convince the owner (the teacher)to publish the book you suggest. Managers, whose suggestion will be accepted, will be given a promotion.
(учащиеся прослушивают предложенные проекты, обсуждают выбор книги и представляют свое решение, аргументируя его; учитель выносит окончательное решение и подводит итог).
III. Заключительный этап.
1. Поведение итогов урока.
2. Рефлексия. Учащиеся получают карточки и заполняют их.
3. Оценивание учителем знаний учащихся.
4. Объяснение домашнего задания: написать эссе на одну из предложенных тем
"My Favourite British Writer”, "My Favourite Book”, "Is Reading Important?’
(объем – 12-15 предложений)